Author Topic: OOC: Law is not Justice.  (Read 50126 times)

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: Law is not Justice.
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
I know now. A gently-carressing Rivet gun!!!! :D
Ok this is cool. :D

Too bad something like the Rock-It! launcher from Fallout 3 wouldn't be feasible...But perhaps a Railway spikes rifle instead of a rivet gun would work...
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

"gently-carressing clouds, sometimes they evaporate."
Forum poster somewhere on the internet

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »
Oh Cool, he'll be the pervert lifting other women's skirts.

j/k

Youtube reference. :P
You can have a wand! Wingardium leviosaaaa!

:sorcerer:

Keep calm and move along.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 09:47:30 PM »
Ok this is cool. :D

Too bad something like the Rock-It! launcher from Fallout 3 wouldn't be feasible...But perhaps a Railway spikes rifle instead of a rivet gun would work...
That could be something I make, but I tend towards a fully auto Rivet gun to start.

That way I can sorta fill in the Tank/Heavy Support.

A Rail Spike Gun could be something I get later, maybe as a heavy hitting side arm though, Not small I mean, but a Secondary, with my Primary being something heavy and Automatic.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
That could be something I make, but I tend towards a fully auto Rivet gun to start.

That way I can sorta fill in the Tank/Heavy Support.

A Rail Spike Gun could be something I get later, maybe as a heavy hitting side arm though, Not small I mean, but a Secondary, with my Primary being something heavy and Automatic.
I'll do the spike gun. Gotta have something cool in the game.

Or perhaps i'll choose something else, will make the character at home.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »
I'll do the spike gun. Gotta have something cool in the game.

Or perhaps i'll choose something else, will make the character at home.
Rivet gun isn't cool? :(

If you want a spike gun go for it though.

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
Rivet gun isn't cool? :(

If you want a spike gun go for it though.
It is, but you already took it. Besides, we should have varied weapons.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »
Spoiler for Alan Luevano:
General Information:
Name: Alan Luevano
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168lb.

Attributes:
Strength:5
Constitution:7
Dexterity:2
Agility:1
Willpower:4
Intelligence:7
Charisma:1
Sight:2
Hearing:2

Skills:
Weapon skills:
Heavy Weapons: 7
Hand-to-Hand: 6
Other:
Engineering: 8
Hacking(Or its Equivalent): 3

Special Talents and traits:[/u]
Powered Armor Training
Cooking
Welding
Walker Maintenance and Operation

Equipment:
Weapons:
Modified Rivet Gun
Spiked Gloves
Protective Gear
Welding Helmet
Custom Metal Armor(Not Powered)
Other:
Welding Tools
A Cross on a necklace

Appearance:
Alan is a white man, from the US. He has reddish blonde hair that is a bit shaggy from lack of a hair cut, but a clean shaven face. His eyes are a vivid blue, and he is well muscled from exercise. He has a scar under his left eye, like a small crescent shaped cut.

Personality:
He is fairly fun loving, and sincere as a person. He takes pride in his work and is a hard worker when not distracted. He however has a hard time accepting injustice, and sees the need to act, lending towards his more religious side.

Background:
Alan lived in the US, a fairly privileged life, and was somewhat sheltered from the distopia much of the world had become. While privileged, he was not so to the extreme, and could not afford continuing his education on his own means. He was always bright but never managed to get any scholarships despite his brilliance.

As he graduated High School he joined the Army and studied to become a mechanical Engineer, seeking to be one of the people who contributed to the technologies of the world. Through the military training he bettered himself in martial arts as well as having a fondness for heavy weapons on the battlefield. Being an Engineering major though he was not in combat too often, and most of the time worked on vehicles and other projects. He even got to see work in the military's power armor units, he managed to learn how they work and how to operate them, having at one time snuck a chance to try on the armor himself a few times.

However as his time in the military came to an end he managed to get scholarships to continue his education further, eventually acquiring is masters degree in Engineering.

After graduation he got into working on starting his own engineering company, but his progress was stopped by criminal activity in the city, and eventually he lost all his money he had invested in the business after refusing to pay protection money to some crime lord, his rented storage building he was going to convert into a lab "Mysteriously" burned down not much later. After loosing so much he started over, and even decided to start attending Church again, seeing as the whole thing happening a sign of neglect to practice his own faith. He eventually got to working in a junk yard and recycling center, where he got to see life as it really was, with all the injustice. At first he tried to ignore it, but eventually he had enough of standing buy.

He used his access to metal scrap and tools to begin machining his own parts, and he eventually built some scrap armor and used his heavy duty welding helmet as further protection. He re-purposed a industrial Rivet gun into a LMG of sorts, even jacking up the pressure behind the firing mechanism as well as using sharpened rivets. In the end he ended up killing several loan sharks and a few mobsters, calling himself the "Machinist".

He then went back to work, hoping what he had done would scare the local Mob into not being so harsh, but it only ended in a Man-hunt for the "Machinist". He however was never revealed, as there wasn't much to reveal him as the vigilante he had become, and he was also afraid to try that again, he wasn't comfortable doing it all on his own, and so he continues to wait, as his anger grows with the crime rate, keeping it all pent up under the visage of a fun loving, hard working, honest Church going man.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:17:57 AM by LordNecross »

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
Spoiler for Alan Luevano:
General Information:
Name: Alan Luevano
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 168lb.

Attributes:
Strength:5
Constitution:7
Dexterity:2
Agility:1
Willpower:4
Intelligence:7
Charisma:1
Sight:2
Hearing:2

Skills:[/u]
Weapon skills:
Heavy Weapons: 7
Hand-to-Hand: 6
Other:
Engineering: 8
Welding: 4

Special Talents and traits:[/u]
Powered Armor Training
Cooking

Equipment:
Weapons:
Modified Rivet Gun
Spiked Gloves
Protective Gear
Welding Helmet
Custom Metal Armor(Not Powered)
Other:
Welding Tools
A Cross on a necklace

Appearance:
Alan is a white man, from the US. He has reddish blonde hair that is a bit shaggy from lack of a hair cut, but a clean shaven face. His eyes are a vivid blue, and he is well muscled from exercise. He has a scar under his left eye, like a small crescent shaped cut.

Personality:
He is fairly fun loving, and sincere as a person. He takes pride in his work and is a hard worker when not distracted. He however has a hard time accepting injustice, and sees the need to act, lending towards his more religious side.

Background:
Alan lived in the US, a fairly privileged life, and was somewhat sheltered from the distopia much of the world had become. While privileged, he was not so to the extreme, and could not afford continuing his education on his own means. He was always bright but never managed to get any scholarships despite his brilliance.

As he graduated High School he joined the Army and studied to become a mechanical Engineer, seeking to be one of the people who contributed to the technologies of the world. Through the military training he bettered himself in martial arts as well as having a fondness for heavy weapons on the battlefield. Being an Engineering major though he was not in combat too often, and most of the time worked on vehicles and other projects. He even got to see work in the military's power armor units, he managed to learn how they work and how to operate them, having at one time snuck a chance to try on the armor himself a few times.

However as his time in the military came to an end he managed to get scholarships to continue his education further, eventually acquiring is masters degree in Engineering.

After graduation he got into working on starting his own engineering company, but his progress was stopped by criminal activity in the city, and eventually he lost all his money he had invested in the business after refusing to pay protection money to some crime lord, his rented storage building he was going to convert into a lab "Mysteriously" burned down not much later. After loosing so much he started over, and even decided to start attending Church again, seeing as the whole thing happening a sign of neglect to practice his own faith. He eventually got to working in a junk yard and recycling center, where he got to see life as it really was, with all the injustice. At first he tried to ignore it, but eventually he had enough of standing buy.

He used his access to metal scrap and tools to begin machining his own parts, and he eventually built some scrap armor and used his heavy duty welding helmet as further protection. He re-purposed a industrial Rivet gun into a LMG of sorts, even jacking up the pressure behind the firing mechanism as well as using sharpened rivets. In the end he ended up killing several loan sharks and a few mobsters, calling himself the "Machinist".

He then went back to work, hoping what he had done would scare the local Mob into not being so harsh, but it only ended in a Man-hunt for the "Machinist". He however was never revealed, as there wasn't much to reveal him as the vigilante he had become, and he was also afraid to try that again, he wasn't comfortable doing it all on his own, and so he continues to wait, as his anger grows with the crime rate, keeping it all pent up under the visage of a fun loving, hard working, honest Church going man.
Nice. Interesting character, very different from the others we have seen so far. I approve :)

Though his background raises the question whether or not this is the actual Earth with all its nations. Your character comes from the US, but Grif's character comes from a four-island nation and former empire called Britannia (though having a bit unoriginal name, its geography doesn't fit into Britain's), and my character's from an unspecified country, as I was unsure on the very matter I'm talking about right now.

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »
Nice. Interesting character, very different from the others we have seen so far. I approve :)

Though his background raises the question whether or not this is the actual Earth with all its nations. Your character comes from the US, but Grif's character comes from a four-island nation and former empire called Britannia (though having a bit unoriginal name, its geography doesn't fit into Britain's), and my character's from an unspecified country, as I was unsure on the very matter I'm talking about right now.
We never established a universe....so I chose the US as a place. Though a US equivalent is just as acceptable.

Offline ChellieRawr

• The Garbage Queen sits on her rightful throne
    • xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 04:22:48 AM »
ok so i think i am going to join dis thing c: all I know is that it will be a SHE of course c: because:

JUST KIDDING
Spoiler for Hiden:
ಥ‿ಥ :heart:

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »
We never established a universe....so I chose the US as a place. Though a US equivalent is just as acceptable.

United States of Atlantis?

As for Britannia, it is essentially the United Kingdom, just with different geography, name and a slightly different history.
I'm back people...

Offline Grif101

• Monarchist Canuck
    • PostalGRIFF101
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 06:07:52 AM »
ok so i think i am going to join dis thing c: all I know is that it will be a SHE of course c: because:

JUST KIDDING
Spoiler for Hiden:

This should be interesting, it'll add a challenge to keeping the team together, seeing as my guy is sexist. :D
I'm back people...

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Ayep, and this is deliberate so that you'll be free to come up with (more or less) whatever you well damn please for your backgrounds  ^-^
I'll be the one adapting as a GM.

Emphasis mine.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »
Ayep, and this is deliberate so that you'll be free to come up with (more or less) whatever you well damn please for your backgrounds  ^-^
I'll be the one adapting as a GM.

Emphasis mine.
Personally, I'm entirely against using any real-world terms for names of countries. America shouldn't exist, but you're free to use the United States of (name to be decided upon) to refer to the game setting.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »
This should be interesting, it'll add a challenge to keeping the team together, seeing as my guy is sexist. :D

that's ok. my character doesn't take lightly to bumbling oafs, so this WILL be interesting ;)

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
Personally, I'm entirely against using any real-world terms for names of countries. America shouldn't exist, but you're free to use the United States of (name to be decided upon) to refer to the game setting.
It could be an Alternate time-line though. I was leaning towards a Bioshocky dystopia set in a near real-world setting. However it doesn't mean all the countries need to have their real world names.

However I chose to have the US of A as my Origins.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
It could be an Alternate time-line though. I was leaning towards a Bioshocky dystopia set in a near real-world setting. However it doesn't mean all the countries need to have their real world names.

However I chose to have the US of A as my Origins.

Alternate time-line works for me.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 05:00:30 AM »
Spoiler for WIP character design:

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
Spoiler for WIP character design:

Looks nice  ^-^

Also, I looked at the character sheets and noticed that the lot of you need to adjust your point distribution.  :P

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »
Looks nice  ^-^

Also, I looked at the character sheets and noticed that the lot of you need to adjust your point distribution.  :P
I did the maths though...I did exactly as the rules said? didn't I?  :huh:

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »
Looks nice  ^-^

Really? I thought I got it right :ermm:

Offline mikethor007

• Brewmaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
    • KlausBR2008
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor007
    • mikethor009
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
I did the maths though...I did exactly as the rules said? didn't I?  :huh:
Increasing attributes beyond 5 costs double. 2 points spent per point increased, IIRC.

Your att points go over 26. Even without the double cost rule, your point usage is at 31 spent points. 5 over the limit.
Toaster

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 07:56:02 PM »
Increasing attributes beyond 5 costs double. 2 points spent per point increased, IIRC.

Your att points go over 26. Even without the double cost rule, your point usage is at 31 spent points. 5 over the limit.
Wrong.

Total : 26

Every Stat starts at one with 26 to spend. I did it right according to the rules.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:00:22 PM by LordNecross »

Offline ChellieRawr

• xlovelycurex
    • ChellieRawr
    • Chellie Rawr
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
Looks nice  ^-^

thanks sweetie~

Wrong.

Total : 26

Every Stat starts at one with 26 to spend. I did it right according to the rules.

*snip*