Author Topic: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (Planning/Q&A)  (Read 13155 times)

Offline Godur

• View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 08:29:14 AM »
Shien, then. But can I have it reverse-grip?
Shien has been known to be used in reverse-grip (though not as often as other forms perhaps) so why not? It is a narrative > system game afterall.

Anyway, if I decide to join this one (and I'm still undecided) then I'd probably go for something like a force adept healer/seer/mystic kind of person who is mostly a support character rather than much of a combatist. Is that viable?
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
Shien, then. But can I have it reverse-grip?
Absolutely. The Shien Expert Specialization of the Sentinel career is the only one with the talent, Shien Technique, which allows you to use cunning instead of brawn for Lightsaber checks. Otherwise you may use the form, but it will not effect your rolls at all.

Anyway, if I decide to join this one (and I'm still undecided) then I'd probably go for something like a force adept healer/seer/mystic kind of person who is mostly a support character rather than much of a combatist. Is that viable?
Absolutely. While combat will most certainly be a thing, it will not be constant. I have had entire sessions of the one I run over voice go without combat, due to players taking the initiative and putting forth convincing reasons to not fight. To put it succinctly, if everyone focuses on making combat-centric characters, it will be a very short roleplay indeed.

I also remind you all that Jedi are not a common thing in the galaxy anymore, as most were hunted down ruthlessly by Lord Vader. The force is considered to be an old fairy-tale by most, and force users are not all that common, at least the ones who know that they are using the force.

I have also decided that I will give the whole play by post thing another try. The last time I did so did not go so well, but I place that blame on the fact that people were not required to update within a certain time frame. If at all possible, I would like to get you guys to roll your characters as soon as possible, so I can use said information to create a framework for a story. I can do this very easily through voice chat over Steam or Skype, and can answer any and all questions that way. My Steam ID is XT Vengeance, and my Skype name is xtvengeance. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (Planning/Q&A)
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
I think I want to create a character, but I can't join in until I've bought a new headset. Can I just make a character for myself and then have it ready if I can join at the start of the game, or if I can join in a little later?

Keep calm and move along.

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
I think I want to create a character, but I can't join in until I've bought a new headset. Can I just make a character for myself and then have it ready if I can join at the start of the game, or if I can join in a little later?
? You don't need a headset. It will be play by post, but yes you can join in later if need be. Making the character requires my help though, as i have all the rulebooks and such.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »
? You don't need a headset. It will be play by post, but yes you can join in later if need be. Making the character requires my help though, as i have all the rulebooks and such.
Oh, I thought it was decided we would do it in voice sessions as you first said. Well then, if I don't need a headset, I guess I can join right away. So how exactly does this character creation work?

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »
Oh, I thought it was decided we would do it in voice sessions as you first said. Well then, if I don't need a headset, I guess I can join right away. So how exactly does this character creation work?
First off you need to determine what kind of character you want to have. Adding me on steam will let me help you get everything together.

I am also probably going to go easy on the rules for my sake. I will say right now that this is going to be a lot of work for me, so if I end up not being satisfied with how it is working, I may decide to end it and return to my original idea, as I know for a fact that it works. It also lets me know that people are seriously going to commit time and effort to the roleplay.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:37:32 PM by XT Vengeance »

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
Alright, imma be a Zabrak Shien Expert. His name will be Vadra Sevo, how does I create character?
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »
I really don't know what the different styles are. Though I want to be a Twi'lek and I'm pretty sure I want to be a Warrior, so I guess I'll be using the Shii-Cho style. Mind telling me anything about it?

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
I really don't know what the different styles are. Though I want to be a Twi'lek and I'm pretty sure I want to be a Warrior, so I guess I'll be using the Shii-Cho style. Mind telling me anything about it?
Shii-Cho is known as The Way of the Sarlacc or the Determination Form. It is a very balanced form of lighsaber combat that uses the Brawn characteristic for it's rolls. Brawn is the default.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
Shii-Cho is known as The Way of the Sarlacc or the Determination Form. It is a very balanced form of lighsaber combat that uses the Brawn characteristic for it's rolls. Brawn is the default.
If you want even more lore stuff with that, then Shii-cho is also the original lightsaber form and is known for characteristically (seemingly) random and sweeping moves with the weapon. Masters of shii-cho tend to be just as guided by the force as they are by their own training when they use the form.
“The lesson is this - the game is rigged. The cards are stacked. The dice are loaded. And that’s why we don’t play their fragging game. We don’t swallow their drek sandwich and politely ask for another. It’s why we run the shadows…”

Offline LordNecross

• The Pariah
    • SenHai
    • Sen Hai
    • SenHai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
Wait so you have to make our character for us?

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
Wait so you have to make our character for us?
I assume he'll walk us through it

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »
It's this guy's form, the guy who nearly beat General Grievous one-on-one. It's a form that excels in beating the ever-loving excrement out of multiple opponents (or multiple lightsabers, in Grievous' case), but isn't that great at one-on-one duels.
"You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We, who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?"

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »
I assume he'll walk us through it
This. I will walk everyone through the process. It is complicated, but it makes things easier later.

Offline Tobbs

• The Space Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
It's this guy's form, the guy who nearly beat General Grievous one-on-one. It's a form that excels in beating the ever-loving excrement out of multiple opponents (or multiple lightsabers, in Grievous' case), but isn't that great at one-on-one duels.
That's impressive. I didn't know he fought Grievous, let alone nearly defeated him.

Offline Godur

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
It's a form that excels in beating the ever-loving excrement out of multiple opponents (or multiple lightsabers, in Grievous' case), but isn't that great at one-on-one duels.
Indeed. Which is why makashi (the form count Dooku use) works so well against shii-cho. Makashi was as a matter of fact developed to counter shii-cho specifically, so maybe not so strange :P

Offline Ragez

• Sky King of Edolas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »
I would really like this game to take off  :teehee:

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 08:25:02 AM »
I would really like this game to take off  :teehee:
Well, unfortunately, I have been very busy, what with work and the face to face roleplay I run. I am still trying to figure out how it would even be possible for this system to be play by post and am coming up blank consistently. I apologize for the delay, but I am a very busy man.

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Do you still need GameMaster privelleges, XT? Or did Tran handle that?
"Any food that involves cheese is just an excuse to eat cheese." -Hannah Hart

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
Do you still need GameMaster privelleges, XT? Or did Tran handle that?
I honestly do not know, and like I said, I have yet to find a way that I would be able to adapt the dice pool system to a form.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
I honestly do not know, and like I said, I have yet to find a way that I would be able to adapt the dice pool system to a form.
Click Profile>>Group Memberships. That'll tell you if you need to get put in it by Muroka or not

Offline XT Vengeance

• Revenge shall be mine.
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »
Click Profile>>Group Memberships. That'll tell you if you need to get put in it by Muroka or not
Then the answer is no, though I put in the requests.

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2014, 03:19:29 AM »
That should be right. If anything seems wrong, just tell me.

Offline killer rin

• Administrator
  • Unanian Innovation!
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killer rin
    • killerrin
    • View Profile
    • Killerrin Studios
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Then the answer is no, though I put in the requests.
Now that you have the member group, you have to go back to the setting and set your primary back to regular member. That way you can continue posting everywhere.

Offline Mukora

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Cuttly
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Mukora
    • DrMukora
    • View Profile
    • Decidedly Random
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:26 AM »
Whoops. Sorry about that.